Advertisements

The Interpretation of History

"History is only interpretation of human motives; and, since we are liable to misinterpret the motives of our contemporaries and even of our intimate friends and associates in daily life, it must be far more difficult rightly to interpret the motives of those who lived centuries before us. The record of history, therefore, should be accepted with great caution."
Allama Muhammad Iqbal, the poet-philosopher.


This led me to study human motivation, in a very ill-manner I am accustomed to. Which isn't complete yet. The beauty of reading 'human motivation' with the view of interpreting history is two-fold: one, that it becomes easy to understand the historical record accurately; and second, it leads one to focus more on human motivational factors than proaction. The later is a bit dangerous. Because when one comes to study mainstream leadership philosophies of post-modern world, he starts to blame more his conditioning and ignores the potential of free will, in whatever controlled form it exists in us. Refuting the power of free initiation I can take, which I must take, can result in self-declared liberation and independence from all sacred duties (there's no principle of division that I follow). Which is likely to deny my highest aim of saving my soul from the fire of hell. A reality very concrete to my mind.

0 did criticisms:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertisement

MuddleHead Signs Off!!

MuddleHead Signs Off!!
free counters