Advertisements

"No time, no time" by Haris Gulzar

I wish all Believers could read this poem, especially those who mistakenly think dunya is their real life; and they can't be blamed for such a misunderstanding. Anyways, here's the poem

Courtesy: Ambar Bail: The Plant of Eternity.

"I knelt to pray but not for long
I had too much to do
I had to hurry and get to work
For the bills would soon be due
So I knelt and said a hurried prayer
And jumped up of my knees
My Muslim duty was now done
My soul could rest at ease
All day long I had no time
To spread a word of cheer
No time to speak of Allah to friends
They’d laugh at me was my fear
No time, no time, too much to do
That was my constant cry
No time to give to souls in need
But at last the time came, the time to die
I went before my lord, with hope
I stood there with downcast eyes
And there was an angel holding a book
It was a book of blessed lives
He looked into his book and said
“Your name I cannot find”
I once was going to write it down
But unfortunately never found time"

2 did criticisms:

Haris Gulzar said...

Thank you for the mention Umer. May Allah SWT bless you, and may HE give us taufeeq to learn from life and may HE guide us to Sirat-e-Mustaqeem. Ameen

M. Umer Toor said...

:) Aameen. Jazakallah for the blessings.

Thank you for sharing wisdom...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertisement

MuddleHead Signs Off!!

MuddleHead Signs Off!!
free counters