Advertisements

Chenab College Jhang: My sweet love, How much I still love you!



(a somewhat amorous view of girl's wing)

I spend some of the finest years of my early teenage life (age 10-14) years studying in this auspicious and graceful place, Chenab College Jhang (often term as thana CCJ by its notorious inhabitants), some 20 kms outside a small city in Punjab Jhang city. For 5 years, due to circumstances, I have not seen this, not only my teen age's, but my life's love. I revere it to the extent that it has kept visiting me in my dreams always showing how greatly it's progressing, touching new heights. And when I hears reports about its glory, its present, I find the visions of elevation it shows me as true. 'Departing' is a gloomy verb, at least for me. Waves of feeling of sadness overcrowd my heart when I think of it, dream of it, because I am away from it. Maybe it's just that CCJ wants me back. Maybe I want to reunite with it. It is not just a building, or a stately place with wondrous gardens and greenery. It is not a job-shop either where pupils are manufactured and sold to retailers or wholesalers. It is a ground for those with heart, a ground where minds nurture, where nature of man comes face to face with itself. May it achieve high ideals of man's khilafa. Aameen.

5 did criticisms:

Rhodora Online said...

MashaAllah. Nice sentiments and beautiful pictures. May your dreams come true. Hajj mubarak.

M. Umer Toor said...

Hajj mubrak to you and your family as well.

Chenab College is really a place filled with serenity. A Muslim's soul instantly gets ease with its environment. Jhang is considered a backward city in many aspects by the foreigners. How can it be when it has an institution of such a stature.

Thanks for visiting...

Naeema Akram-Jehanzeb said...

A very touching post, Umer. And lovely pictures, indeed. Is it situated near Jhang (the city near Faisalabad?) Actually I have passed through this city various times on my trips from Fsd to Multan but never ever got to know about this educational institute.

As for your longings to reunite with it, who knows you might be teaching there years down the road, inshaAllah!

M. Umer Toor said...

@ NA,

:) Thanks for the comment, i really enjoyed the last part, especially. Maybe, insha ALLAAH.

Yes it is situated near Jhang, just some miles outside. When we go from Chiniot to Jhang to Multan, it comes on main highway... But I don't know if it is on way-path Fsd-Multan...

Rizwan Javaid said...

excellent piece of writing Umer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertisement

MuddleHead Signs Off!!

MuddleHead Signs Off!!
free counters